Saturday, December 26, 2015

Day One...again

Wow, I started this blog almost two years ago! It's so interesting to look and remember where I was and who I was at that time. A lot of things have happened - I moved home, finished my master's, experienced the end of a roller coaster relationship (finally), got my license as a real life social worker (yay!), and got a new job as a real life social worker (yay!! finally!). A lot of things have changed, and in a lot of ways I feel like a different person. I've accomplished more. I'm more sure of myself. I manage my stress better. I have identified and stand by my priorities better.

In a lot of ways, though, I'm the same person. I still struggle with anxiety and depression, still have trouble sleeping, still find solace in walking the dog, still hate brushing my teeth, still worry what others think of me.

You think as you get older you're going to change all the things you hate about yourself. In some ways, I think I have. But I wonder if more things stay the same inside about you than change - you just change your relationship to those things.

I would like to revive this blog and breathe some new life into it! But in a little different way. I've worked in mental health for almost five years now, which is not necessarily a lot, but this time around I want to both write about my own journey and also include things that I have learned and taught working in the mental health field - things that I REALLY wish more people knew! And that I would hope to be helpful for SOMEBODY out there.

Soooo many things I want to write about! I hope something I put out will be able to bring someone a little more peace in their life.

No comments:

Post a Comment