Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Day One

Welcome! I'm excited to be starting this blog. For several years now, maybe 7 or 8, I have been in a constant struggle with anxiety and depression.  This includes events anywhere from panic attacks to days where I am not motivated enough to get off my couch, to embarrassing moments and many, many examples in between. I know these are common problems. I hope to not only share the successes I have found but hear about others' as well.

I have started this blog for several reasons. 1) To share strategies, ideas, and treatments that have worked for me so that others might try them as well. 2)  Hopefully, at some point, a resource and support for those who also struggle with it. To help them know there is hope. 3) To keep myself accountable for healthy habits of happiness. Less interesting reasons include 3) I need to keep busy to stay out of my own head. 4) A creative outlet.

On that note, the first post will be a fairly generic but still fantastic tool for a happy life: a gratitude list.

1. My parents who are so supportive and open. I will never stop being grateful for the people in my family. 2. My dog, Clara. 3. Hot water 4. Things that piss you off but you later realize made you grow 5. A job I don't hate 6. My little brother 7. My heated blanket 8. Flowers my dad gave me as a house warming gift 9. Forgiveness 10. Patience

How many things do you have to be grateful for?

No comments:

Post a Comment